Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Sign from God?


The other day a small child ran to the front of the room in one of my training sessions and threw his arms around my legs in the kind of two-year-old hug that is familiar to parents and grandparents everywhere.

But Rwanda is not everywhere, and neither is Nyabiheke Camp, and it is rare for anyone, even children, to engage in such an open display of trust and affection.

Theodore told me later that this was a very good sign.

“If small children and old people love you, then it means that god loves you. Small children know, because they have seen god more recently, and old people know because they will be seeing him soon.”

However this notion fits with your own particular belief system, I hope that you can appreciate, as I did, the symmetry of it. I only wish that as you are reading those words you could hear the wonderful French African accent with which they were spoken. Actually, I know that some of you can.

We do not have to look far to find small children and old people at Nyabiheke Camp. God seems to have many messengers there and we can only hope that they will put in a good word for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this story!