Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mile 13.1


It is hard to believe but we have arrived at the halfway point of this particular marathon and the water stop up ahead looks like London. I will be spending ten days there reconnecting with my family before returning back to Rwanda on March 6 for the second half of the journey.

I leave here with a heightened awareness of the elements of privilege and good fortune that allow me to travel freely and at will. I am most grateful for all of that, and committed to using it well.

See you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi..Louise...I am here with Ellen Manakas, my x-sister in law..but still dear friend, in Brekenridge for a girls weekend ski trip. She has told me about you and your work in Rawanda, and I know she has mentioned me, and my work in Bolivia. I am inspired by you and would love to be in contact with you about our newest obscessions... please visit our website, maybe not totally up to date, but accurate..at www.mimafoundation.com. And about this Blog..what is it ..and how do you do it? Thanks..Mary Kay...Keep up the good work...