Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Africa Cup.


In celebration of the conclusion of the Africa Cup of Nations Soccer Tournament this week, I offer a photo of my own “Africa cup,” crafted by Sarah Dudgeon of Wisconsin and given to me by Ann Pifer, owner of The Grand Hand Gallery in St. Paul, Minnesota (see link).

This is one of my treasured coffee mugs at home in Minnesota, and I brought it to Africa with me for comfort and inspiration. It has provided both, surviving the trip from Afton to Gituza and all of the bumpy roads in between.

So thanks to Sarah and Ann and all who enhance our lives with truly beautiful gifts from the heart. That includes all of you, who have made it possible for us to be here making a difference for people who are more like ourselves than we may have any way of knowing.

A toast to you, from my Africa cup and from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Louise you have touched my heart and brought a smile to my face! I am thrilled that you enjoy my creation!
May your adventure be inspiring!
Sarah