Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bag Ladies.



You really can’t imagine how rewarding it is to get these photos in which nearly everyone is smiling—or perhaps hiding shyly behind one of the bags that she has made.

This week we finished up our work in Nyabiheke Camp by meeting with the groups that are making these colorful nylon bags. We looked at all of the bags that they had made and talked about the quality, color selection and designs, all part of assisting the groups with improving the market for their work.

The bag that I am holding is a gift to me from these women. You’ll see me carrying it proudly this summer and if you want one of these beauties you know whom to call!

Yesterday I submitted our work plan for the final three weeks of my stay. It is hard for me to believe that three weeks from right now I will be in the air en route from Amsterdam to lovely summery Minnesota.

For the next two weeks, though, I’ll be in cold and rainy Gihembe Camp and will keep you posted from there.

No comments: